Time to nominate those who serve
If you know someone who has distinguished themselves by helping their community, why not honor them by nominating them to be considered for the Kiwanis Clubs of Edmonds and the Edmonds Beacon 20th Annual Edmonds Citizen of the Year?
There are a lot of good people doing a lot of good things for the community and they deserve to be recognized.
The purpose of the award is for the recognition of a person (or persons) who has contributed community service for the people of Edmonds and deserves to receive our thanks.
The person may be a civic-minded citizen active in civic affairs, community activities, or in business pursuits.
It is open to individuals as volunteers or professionals in the form of duty.
Selection is made by a committee composed of the two Kiwanis clubs from the nominations submitted by the citizens-at-large.
Nominations are requested from individuals or groups in Edmonds on the nomination forms provided.
The forms are available in the Edmonds Beacon, the Edmonds Library, and The Edmonds Chamber of Commerce and their website edmondswa.com.
Guidelines for selection are the precepts of Kiwanis:
- To give primacy to the human and spiritual rather than the material values of life.
- To encourage the daily living of the golden rule in all human relationships.
- To promote the adoption and application of higher social, business, and professional standards.
- To develop by precept and example a more intelligent, aggressive and serviceable citizenship.
- To provide a practical means to form enduring friendships. Render altruistic service and
- build better communities.
- To co-operate in creating and maintain that sound public opinion and idealism which make
- possible the increase of righteousness, justice, patriotism, and goodwill.
Announcements will be made in The Edmonds Beacon and the presentation of award will be made at the Edmonds Chamber of Commerce Luncheon on May 23, 2013.
Questions about the contest? Call 206-390-5400.
If you know someone who fits the bill, send in a nomination, postmarked on or before Friday, May 10, to:
PO Box 221
Edmonds, WA 98020