Spring sailing schedule, fare changes around the corner
Ferry customers should plan ahead for spring sailings and fare changes. The Washington State Ferries spring sailing schedule begins, Sunday, April 6.
Annual and new fare increases go into effect May 1.
Additional spring service starts Sunday, April 6
Customers should expect the following changes with the spring sailing schedule:
• Opening of the Sidney, B.C./Anacortes route with one round-trip per day
• Weekend inter-island service in the San Juan Islands
• Three boats serving the Fauntleroy/Vashon/Southworth route Saturdays and Sundays
• Four mid-afternoon sailings on the Port Townsend/Coupeville route will leave 15 minutes earlier to better match the schedule of the second ferry, which joins the route on Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 11.
• The last sailing departing Coupeville leaves 5 minutes earlier at 9:10 p.m.
New for 2014:
• Round-trip tickets now available between the San Juan Islands and Sidney, B.C.
To learn more about spring service updates and changes, please download a copy of the spring 2014 sailing schedule.
Annual peak-season fare surcharges – effective May 1
Annual peak-season surcharges begin on May 1. Surcharges apply to single-use passenger and driver fares only. Customers using multi-ride tickets are exempt. Surcharges will remain in effect through Sept. 30.
• All routes (except in the San Juan Islands) will carry a 25-percent peak-season surcharge.
• In the San Juan Islands, a 35-percent peak-season surcharge will be added to the cost of single-use tickets.
New fare increases – effective May 1
• Two-percent general fare increase for passenger.
• Vehicle fare increase of 2.5 percent.