Signing ceremony at Station 17The restored 1938 Ford Fire engine was in service with the Edmonds Fire Department until 1965
Members of the Edmonds Fire Safety Foundation and Edmonds-South Snohomish County Historical Society will gather in front of Fire Station 17 in Downtown Edmonds Saturday, Feb. 23, at 10 a.m., for an official signing ceremony.
After 14 years of filling a much-needed gap, buying various desired supplemental equipment during strained economic times for the Edmonds Fire Department, and supporting local firefighters, the Edmonds Fire Safety Foundation (EFSF) is disbanding and passing on its remaining resources, which have grown static, to the Edmonds-South Snohomish County Historical Society.
The agreement between the two organizations establishes responsibility should the City of Edmonds ever relinquish ownership of the 1938 Ford Fire Engine, which the EFSF raised funds to procure as part of the department's 100th anniversary celebration in 2004.
The restored 1938 Ford Fire engine was in service with the Edmonds Fire Department until 1965. The engine was restored by a retired Edmonds firefighter, and the committee raised more than $10,000 to purchase the vehicle.
The EFSF also collected memorabilia representing Edmonds' firefighting history over years, and hopes to establish, along with the historical society, a permanent and fitting fire museum in the City of Edmonds.