Love at first bite with decadent butter cake
After just one bite of this scrumptious cake, you really won’t be able to stop till your buttons burst!
Still warm from the oven, this beautiful bundt from home cook Angela Gray is not only served with a decadent vanilla butter glaze, while still in the pan it’s first pierced with a fork and drenched in butter glaze. Delicious on its own, try serving it with fruit or ice cream. The only problem is, you may not be able to share!
See step-by-step photos of Angela’s recipe and thousands more from other home cooks at: www.justapinch.com/bustyourbuttons
You’ll also find a meal planner, coupons and chances to win! Enjoy and remember, use “just a pinch”...
“My gran has been baking this bundt for many, many years.” -Angela Gray, Bristol, TN (pop. 26,702)
Bust Your Buttons Butter Cake
What You Need
3 c cake flour
2 c sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 c buttermilk
1 c (2 sticks) butter, softened
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp almond extract
4 eggs, room temp
1/3 c butter
3/4 c sugar
3 tbsp water
1 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
• In a stand mixer bowl combine cake flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda; mix to combine.
• Add buttermilk, butter, vanilla, almond extract and eggs. Do not over beat; mix just until ingredients are combined, about three and a half min.
• Pour into greased and floured bundt pan.
• Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour to 1 1/4 hours or until cake tester comes out clean. Do not overbake!
• Meanwhile, prepare glaze. Combine all ingredients, except vanilla, in a sauce pan. Bring to a slow boil over medium heat. Stir in vanilla, set aside to slightly cool.
• In pan, pierce hot cake with fork tines or a bamboo skewer. Pour half glaze slowly over cake.
• Cool in pan for 15 min, then flip out onto cake plate. Pour remaining sauce over cake.
Submitted by: Angela Gray, Bristol, TN (pop. 26,702)
© 2011 Just A Pinch Recipe Club. Brought to you by American Hometown Media. Used by permission.