Health coverage now within reach for county residents
Wondering how to sign up for health coverage through the new online heath exchange?
Wonder no more. Snohomish County Human Services is partnering with nonprofit Within Reach to help residents access health care.
Within Reach staff will work alongside county human services employees from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Mondays, helping residents through the process of signing up for health insurance.
People or families who earn up to 400 percent of the federal poverty level ($45,960 for individuals and $94,200 for a family of four) may be eligible for free or reduced-cost health-care premiums.
“One thing we’ve lacked has been the ability to help our residents access the new online health exchange,” said Ken Stark, human services manager.
“Adding Within Reach staffers to our department expands the work we’re able to do and makes it easier for people to find all the help they need in one place.”
Within Reach is on the county campus on Mondays. Residents can also find help at the following drop-in locations:
• 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Thursdays, Everett Foursquare Church, 14 E. Casino Rd., Suite E, Everett
• 3 to 6 p.m. Thursdays, Mountlake Terrace Library, 23300 58th Ave. W., Mountlake Terrace
• 2 to 5 p.m. Fridays, Lynnwood Library, 19200 44th Ave. W., Lynnwood
Individuals or residents interested in signing up for health insurance need to have the following when they visit Within Reach:
• Social security number (for all applicants) or an alternate form of ID (passport number or green card)
• Date of birth (for all applicants)
• Tax filing status for the past year, current year and anticipated status for next year
• Information on current health plan
• A form of payment (credit/debit card, prepaid card, e-check, etc.) unless eligible for Medicaid
Find more information about Within Reach online at www.withinreachwa.org or by calling 800-322-2588.
Contact Snohomish County Human Services at www1.co.snohomish.wa.us/Departments/Human_Services or by calling 425-388-7200.
The department is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, closed holidays.
-Edited by Beacon staff