Council OKs more than $30,000 in tourism contracts
On Tuesday, the City Council approved $30,500 for 2014 funding to nine organizations in an effort to promote tourism in Edmonds.
The City Lodging Tax Advisory Committee (LTAC) approved the allocations proposed by the Edmonds Arts Commission and the City Economic Development Department back in August 2013.
In the final phase, the contracts were reviewed and agreed upon by the council.
Councilmember Joan Bloom was not present for the vote.
The City Economic Development Department was awarded $21,000 in funding for allocation to the following organizations:
• Snohomish County Visitor’s Bureau: $6,000
• Edmonds Visitor’s Center: $2,500
• Edmonds Center for the Arts: $12,500
The ECA received the largest allotment and will use the funds to advertise in the 2014/2015 seasonal brochure.
The Edmonds Arts Commission was awarded $9,500 in funding for distribution to the following organizations:
• Cascade Symphony Orchestra: $1,700
• Driftwood Players: $2,000
• EAFF/Art Studio Tour: $800
• Friends of the Frank Jazz Festival: $2,000
• Olympic Ballet Theatre: $2,000
• Sno-King Chorale: $1,000
Each organization will use the funds for marketing purposes, including radio and print advertising.
– Laura Daniali