Community Transit fares to increase Feb. 1
Community Transit fares for all services – local and commuter buses, DART paratransit, and vanpool – will increase on Feb. 1, 2013. The fare increase is intended to help the agency keep pace with inflation and maintain current service levels.
The change puts Community Transit’s adult local fare on par with other agencies.
The new adult fare will be $2; Pierce Transit also charges $2 and Metro charges $2.25 for non-peak and $2.50 for peak-hour local service.
· Community Transit local bus fares will increase by 25 cents for all riders – adults, youth and reduced fare riders (senior, disabled and Medicare).
· Commuter bus fares to King County from Everett and south Snohomish County will increase by 50 cents for adults and reduced fare customers, and 25 cents for youth.
· Commuter bus fares to King County from north and east Snohomish County will increase by 75 cents for adults and reduced fare customers, and 25 cents for youth.
· DART paratransit fares will increase by 25 cents.
· Vanpool fares will increase by 10-15 percent, depending on the number of passengers in a van and mileage for the trip.
Community Transit is responsible for providing transportation options for Snohomish County residents, including bus and paratransit service, vanpool and ridesharing options.
Call Community Transit at 425-353-7433 or 800-562-1375 for bus information, or 888-814-1300 for carpool or vanpool information, or go to www.communitytransit.org.
You can also read our blog at www.communitytransit.blogspot.com, visit our Facebook page or see us on YouTube. Support local businesses and Community Transit when you Buy Local for Transit; read more at www.communitytransit.org/buylocal.